Yes as the bookkeeper is someone who handles the day-to-day financial transactions and reporting for your company. Your accountant specializes in the preparation and filing of taxes and provides the analysis and the reporting of the financial statements. We work closely with many of our client’s accountants and files are shared throughout the year for their analysis and tax saving recommendations.
What is the AIPB and what is a Certified Bookkeeper (CB)?
The American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers was established in 1987 to recognize bookkeeping as a profession and bookkeepers as professionals plus deliver high-quality continuing education for professional bookkeepers. In 1998, the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) set the first and only national standard in advanced bookkeeping: The Certified Bookkeeper Program. A Certified Bookkeeper has the proven ability to handle the books for a company up to 100 employees:
To become certified, a bookkeeper must:
- Know basic bookkeeping, including double-entry accounting, before undertaking certification;
- Pass a national exam in advanced bookkeeping at a testing center
- Have a least 3,000 hours (2 years) of on-the-job experience in bookkeeping;
- Sign a Code of Ethics that assures commitment to integrity
- Constantly update skills by earning 20 Continuing Education Credits every year
What does it mean to be a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor?
As Certified ProAdvisors, we are experts in QuickBooks installation, setup, payroll, reporting, and the other day-to-day functions of the software. ProAdvisors have taken a 3-part QuickBooks Certification course and have successfully completed comprehensive testing in order to be certified by Intuit.
How do I get the information to you?
During our initial consultation, we will determine the best process for you. Some of the options available:
- Information mailed utilizing email, USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail or expedited services such as FedEx or UPS.
- Vendor invoices, bank and credit card statements can be received via email or downloaded directly from the vendor.
What software do you use?
We primarily use QuickBooks (both desktop and online versions – PC & MAC) as we are certified in QuickBooks but we can utilize Freshbooks, Xero or other online accounting platforms.
We can also update your QuickBooks file utilizing remote access such as LogMeIn.
What security measures do you have in place?
All of your financial data is securely stored and your data files are backed up daily.
How we can be reached?
Our office is open Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. You will always be able to reach someone during these hours by telephone or email. If we are not available, we will respond to you within 24 hours.