As a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor providing bookkeeping services on the Mac platform, I know how important it is to keep up with the latest developments. Intuit has recently released QuickBooks for Mac 2014 with a few new features and improvements allowing Mac based small business owners better tools to access their important financial information.
“As more and more small businesses adopt Macs, we see increased adoption of QuickBooks for Mac,” states Dan Wernekoff, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Intuit’s Financial Management Solutions Division.
Some of the new features included in the 2014 QuickBooks for Mac release:
1. Redesigned home page. You can now get a quick overview of your company’s financials with the redesigned home page. By selecting the Snapshot icon, you can see your company’s performance at a glance without having to run various reports.
2. Set up and go. If you are switching from the PC to the Mac version, Set Up and Go will help with transitioning you from the PC version to the Mac version.
3. Income tracker. The income tracker, appearing on your home page, provides an end to end view of all income of all income related transactions. The information is updated in real time with no reports to run or data to gather. You can also batch print or email transactions directly from income tracker.
4. Left hand toolbar. Improved toolbar with drag and drop customization, one-click assess to data and transactions, and shortcuts making it faster and easier to work around QuickBooks.
5. Enhancements to the Customer and Vendor centers. Customization of the columns by simply right-clicking on a header in the transaction list. Selection or deselection of columns and reordering with drag and drop.
6. Sales tax. Adjustments to sales tax paid for rounding, fees or discounts with no need for journal entries. Also ability to indicate sales tax payments via credit card accounts.
8. Sales Reps. Assign sales repos to customers and ability to run reports by sales repo to track your top performers even if they are employees or outside vendors.
9. A few other enhancements to mention. Intuit converted the application to 64 bit. You now have the ability to convert estimates to purchase orders. Printing of general journals, check vouchers and bill stubs and Guide Me help is now tied to individual fields.
I have been using QuickBooks for Mac for over 8 years now and each new year there are more small businesses switching from the PC/Windows platform to the Mac environment. It is good to see Intuit taking the Mac business user seriously with the enhancements they have been introducing over the last few years on their QuickBooks for Mac product.
If you are thinking about transitioning to QuickBooks for Mac and just not sure if it will be a good fit for your small business, please schedule a free 30-minute consultation and we can answer any questions you may have.