You are attending a meeting and have changed your phone setting from ring tone to vibrate. Did you know that you can customize the vibration settings. Perhaps you would like to know when a family member is trying to reach you. The process is fairly easy to do.
- Select Settings
- Tap on Sounds
- You will be on the Sounds and Vibration Patterns screen. If you select Ringtone, select Vibration, Create New Vibration. Note that you can change the vibration alert for all of the alerts noted on the Sounds and Vibration Patterns screen.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to create your own custom vibration pattern. If you hold your finger down on the screen this will create a longer vibration where just tapping on the screen will create short bursts of vibration.
- Once you are done, select the Stop button. You can then hit the Play button to play back what you just created. If you did not like what you created, you just repeat the process. NOTE: your phone will need to be set to vibrate in order for you to hear your new creation.
- When you have the vibration sound that you are happy with, just select Save, assign it a name and you are all set.
- You will now see your custom vibration file listed under the Custom area.