Look, there are no shortcuts to success. Success at anything requires hard work, commitment, persistence, and self discipline. Yet many continue to look for the short cuts in order to skip the required hard work part. These folks are destined to live a life of inconsistent short term wins. You know…one step forward and two steps back!
From my own experiences and from observing the successes of others, I have learned that to be successful one needs to have a strong internal foundation or belief system. Here is a list of the top 10 components that make for a strong belief system. See which ones you already have and which ones you need to develop.
1. Only you can control your future – no one else can. So, stop waiting for others to tell you what to do.
2. Don’t procrastinate – circumstances will never be perfect. Act on what you know. You can always fix any decision with a better one.
3. Seek help from people more knowledgeable or better than you in different aspects of a business. It’s not a weakness to ask for help. It’s downright dumb not to ask.
4. Trust your gut – don’t look for excuses. When your gut says “go for it”, then go for it. Hesitation allows excuses to exist.
5. Don’t let anyone talk you out of your dreams – they’re your dreams!
6. It’s easy to do nothing – that’s what most people do. Why would you want to be like most people? Be you!
7. Stretch your comfort zone – try and learn new habits. Small comfort zones make for even smaller (if any) successes.
8. Stop hoping – have faith in your abilities and believe in yourself. Only then can you make something happen.
9. If you don’t believe in yourself, why should anybody else?
10. Create your own circumstances for success – take charge and be the master of them; not the victim. Know what you want and how you will go about achieving it. Don’t let barriers hold you back.
Motivational business speaker Chris Ruisi has tips to help you Be Fearless: Step Up and Play Big. Chris, an effective executive coach, understands how leadership works, how organizations work, how power works, and how decision making works. Read these business tips and get more information by visiting Chris’s blog, Tips From The Trenches or purchase his new book, Step Up and Play Big.