You probably have been seeing the term Google + around the internet lately and wonder what Google’s latest venture is all about. Google + is Google’s new social web interface. Access to Google + is by invitation only and you must have a gmail account.
A few features of Google +:
- Circles: Circles are your group of friends. You can create individual circles for your family, friends and business colleagues
- Hangouts: Just hanging around? You can “hang out” with up to 10 friends in real time video
- Sparks: Interested in a particular topic? Sparks streams content related to your interests including video so you always have something to watch, read or share
- Instant Upload: All photo’s and video’s you take can be uploaded automatically to your private album allowing you to share with those in your Circle
- Huddle: Huddle is a group messaging feature allowing everyone in a particular Circle to share what is going on in real time
Will Google + give Facebook a run for its money? Only time will tell but over 20 million have already signed up in their first 3 weeks of launch.
A side note, Google + is only open to individuals and the business version is to be released later this year.