If your sales are lagging, it’s time to take some proactive steps and sign up for social networking sites.
The following social media marketing tips will help you outshine your competition as well as increase traffic to your website and perhaps increase your sales.
- Sign up for social networking sites – check out Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other niche social networking sites and sign up for them. Sign up is free and these sites are easy to navigate and user-friendly.
- Fill out the profiles. If you leave your profile blank, you aren’t helping yourself when it comes to social media marketing. Include links to your website and blog (this is how to get backlinks to your site). Fill out your business contact information, email, etc. You WANT potential customers to contact you.
- Keep them coming back for MORE. Offer a freebie, valuable information, the latest and greatest news in your industry, etc. Analyze your target markets and create your message accordingly. People want value so give them what they want so they keep coming back for more.
- Include your photo. People want to do business with a face and name they trust. Include a professional photo – a photo connects you with your business name/company – a great branding trick.
- Don’t “over” sell/market. Remember less is more. You want to reel potential customers in with social media/networking messages. You don’t want to scare them away. Stop tweeting about what you ate for breakfast. Get back to the basics of your marketing message and don’t over sell your message. Stay away from “spam” messages or you’ll get blocked (not only by the sites, but by other users). You want a fan base, not an “I hate your business because you spam me too much” club.
- Keep it simple. Showcase your knowledge but don’t “talk down” to your audience. Learn what works and what doesn’t work for potential customers. Remember to keep your message informative and friendly.